WHO WE ARE?
Designated as a center of excellence by the U.S. Department of Education in April 2010, Georgia State University’s Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER) serves as a regional and national resource to businesses, students, and academics. CIBER at Georgia State implements programs focused on improving American competitiveness and helping U.S.
Based on unique assets, resources, and audiences, Georgia State CIBER
- Acquiring and disseminating knowledge about Emerging Markets.
- Providing innovative training and capacity-building programs for managers championing export expansion.
- Providing pedagogical materials and serving as a source of professional development to business faculty in regional universities and colleges.
- Promoting the study of languages for business (e.g., Business Spanish) and less commonly taught languages (e.g., Mandarin).
- Initiating interdisciplinary collaborations with other professional schools and area studies programs
students for potential global careers. to prepare
- Facilitating student study and work abroad opportunities in Emerging Markets.
Interdisciplinary Programs in Business, Foreign Language, International Studies, and Professional Curricula:
- IIB Intro Course Articulation, Undergraduate Curriculum Internationalization
- Annual International Business Case Competition
- Study Abroad Courses & Scholarships
- Student Success Program
Less Commonly Taught Languages and Interdisciplinary Programs for Foreign Language and International Studies Faculty & Advanced Students
- Business Language Conference
Collaboration with Educational Institutions, Associations, and Businesses:
- MSI/Southeast U.S. Consortium Research on International Competitiveness
- Middle Class Phenomenon in Emerging Markets Conference Series
- GSU-CIBER Middle Class Scorecard for Emerging Markets
- Annual Faculty Development in International Business: Globalization Workshops
- International Business Institute for Community College Faculty
Development of Overseas Linkages:
- Global MIB Program with Leeds University
Take a look at the brochure of GSU-CIBER